Under the Cardboards Painted
I painted under the cardboards with MetalForce Urethane 8:1:1.
Cardboards Glued with Fiberglass
Today i glued the cardboards with fiberglass. The green thing is masking tape on the outer side.
I marked with big arrows the places that need to be glued 🙂
All the 6 elements (quarter panels and doors) had places to be glued.
I fixed the broken parts with pieces of thin sheet metal as shown here. 3 hours after i applied the epoxy, i removed them to:
- Open the other side (remove the sheet metal fastenings and the green masking tape) and help it dry faster
- To make easier the removal of the bolts, touched by the epoxy (as it is still semi-dry)
Additional Parts Glued with Epoxy
I also glued with epoxy:
- a motorcycle’s back wheel
- the pipes of the economizer
- the plastic end of the gearbox lever
I used bondo fiberglass repair kit.
What is Next
I will finalize the fiberglass-duroplast work with adding 2 inches of fiberglass mat at each side of the gaps.
I will glue the quarter panels and the doors to the body with Sikafles 221.
Пресвятая Матроне, моли Бога о нас.