I said “welding is over”, but i remembered that there are 3 more points:
- The skeleton of the hood
- The right door
- The reinforcement
I started the preparation of the under-body. Strip to bare metal will be followed by zinc primer and urethane paint.
I started removing the top layer with a heat gun, then this:
, but the paint stripper didn’t go well.
- It didn’t spray properly. It blocks the output and goes out like a foam
- It didn’t strip the primer
Then i replaced the heat gun with a self made chisel from a leaf of an electric saw and continued the scratching by hand.
Then i replaced the metal brush (on grinder) with a poly strip disk:
This thing works very well.
I have a doubt that the original primer and the asphalt paint are better than the ones i will use.
The hood stand will be grinded and additionally welded if needed.
The right side of the hood skeleton is rotten. I have no idea from where the water came in.
I bought some stuff from Eastwood.COM:
I used the pre paint cleaner and Internal Frame Coating to rustproof the cavities of the roof and the columns.
Then i used the zinc primer and the urethane paint.
Internal Frame Coating is very liquid. I guess, because it has to cover as maximum surface as it can.
Next is the welding of the 3 points, mentioned in the beginning.
Слава Иисусу Христу.