I Almost Have a Car

I Almost Have a Car

Front Side

I welded the front grill. I spent more time on adjusting than welding. The result is good.

My procedure:

  • Join the grill to the 3 pieces (left, under, right bared metal on the image) and weld them
  • Join all this to the front of the car
  • Use the front quarter panels to adjust the height (the holes for the blinkers) and the top of the front lights
  • Put the hood at the top and adjust all the slots
  • Weld

Front right light is connected. A little piece of sheet metal is needed right in the corner. This will be grinded with the Dremel.

Little more in the corner is needed here.

I spitted the left side of the front light.

I didn’t perforate the base of the vertical panel. It’s OK, because it carries nothing.

The left side under the quarter panel. The holes i drilled “on blind” will stay for draining.

In the Glory of God i don’t want to hit the car. In such a case i have no idea how i will replace these parts.

If a professional sees my work, he will laugh a lot 🙂

The join right next to the hole for additional light is grinded. I will add a little body filler here (between the primer and the paint)

Back Side

The rear base for the light panel was rusty. I patched it and i didn’t shape the curve. It is too small and the polyurethane will compensate the gap.

Rear left patch. It is little wider, but i won’t cut it. This way it will hold the quarter panel better 🙂

The right side is patched too.

The right rear base for the light panel was wavy. There was a light hit here. Also a rusty piece was replaced.

This little bend is under the back door. I will weld a piece of metal (an ex bolt) and i will hit it towards outside. I prefer to use as minimum body filler as possible.

I cut the bend under the back bumper and i straighten it. After this i welded and grinded. A little body filler will be added here. Most likely the cut was not needed, because i welded an ex bolt and pulled it outward.

Left Side

I was so excited to weld everything and i missed this little piece under the front left quarter panel. It would be easier if i prepared and welded this patch together with the big one.

The patch next to the left foot of the driver needs few more drops from the inside.

I will add few more spots here and then primer, paint and seam sealer.

Right Side

I will add more spots under the back right quarter panel and i will continue as described above.

The same situation under the front right rocker panel. I will suffer more, because my brain possibilities are not strong enough 🙂

There will be a little patch on the down end of the right door.

Слава Тебе, Господи, Слава Тебе.

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.