Front Shock Dome

Front Shock Dome

Today i cut all the remaining metal from the left side of the car. Next is leveling of the survived sheet metal and cutting of the patches.

I also cut the left shock absorbers’ dome:

Now i know why it gets rusty here – the bottom piece overlaps the top one in a big area that is not waterproofed.

The replica looks much better. I will add few more welds on the both sides of the ring and polyurethane isolation and it will be OK.

Next is to flip the car (the left side up) and clear the rest of the metal remainders.

P.S. I am not very smart. The thoughts while i work can prove this. Today i invented the phrase “When i work with a grinder, noting is irreparable, before i cut my head”.

God have mercy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *